- you define summer as three months of bad sledding.
- owning a Japanese car was a hanging offense in your hometown.
- you know how to play euchre.
- The Big Mac is something you drive across.
- you believe *down South* means Toledo.
- you bake with soda and you drink pop.
- your Little League baseball game has been snowed out.
- you know how to pronounce *Mackinac*
- the word *thumb* has a geographical rather than an anatomical definition.
- you have ever experienced frostbite and sunburn in the same week.
- you expect Vernor's when you order ginger ale.
- you know that Kalamazoo not only actually exists, but that it isn't very far from Hell.
- your snowmobile and fishing boat have big block Chevy engines.
- your year has two seasons: winter and construction.
- traveling coast to coast means going from Port Huron to Muskegon.
- half the change in your pocket is Canadian.
- you show people where you grew up by pointing to your right hand.